Regular check and clean helps in maintaining good oral health. Ideally this should occur every six months to a year.
Our dentists during the check and clean visits can detect early warning signs of decay. Most cavities or cracks do not cause pain until they are a major issue, so identifying issues and treating them proactively can prevent further damage to teeth and gums. It can also avoid potential large and expensive treatment, by staying on top of issues that occur in your mouth.
When you attend the clinic for a general check and clean, our dentist will go through your medical history and any current issues which you may be experiencing. After this they will carry out an examination of all your teeth to check for any issues that you may not be aware of. The examination will include checking for cavities through X-rays if necessary. Following the examination, our dentist will clean your teeth by removing any plaque build-up; returning your teeth and gums to a healthy state. The dentists will inform you of any further treatment required, so that the care can be provided as soon as possible.
Signs that it’s time for a dental checkup
- You are experience toothaches or pain in the mouth or jar
- Extremely sensitive teeth
- Bleeding gums and bleeding after brushing
- Sores in the mouth
- Last dentist visit was more than 6 months ago
- Extreme and chronic bad breath
- Loose, chipped, or broken teeth or dental implants
Benefits of routine cleanings and exam
- Help you maintain a fresh and clean smile
- Prevent cavities and tooth decay
- Brighten the appearance of teeth
- Identify early symptoms of gum disease
- Reduce frequent bad breath
- Potentially avoid more expensive treatments and procedures
- Help prevent more serious medical problems that develop from neglected oral health