Over time teeth can become stained or discoloured. Consumption of dark stain containing foods and drinks (for example berries, coffee and red wine), smoking, chewing tobacco, certain medications and poor oral hygiene etc. can lead to discoloured teeth. The most economical and simplest solution for refreshing the smile can be teeth whitening, Because having whiter teeth has now become the number one aesthetic concern of most patients, there are a number of ways to whiten teeth.
Reasons for teeth whitening
- Fluorosis (excessive fluoridation during tooth development).
- Normal wear of outer tooth layer.
- Stained teeth due to medications (tetracycline, etc.).
- Yellow, brown stained teeth.
- Natural aging of tooth structure
Benefits of Teeth Whitening